Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Super Easy Tasty Granola Bars



Jed eats so many granola bars (seriously, he'll even wake up in the middle of the night and get himself a granola bar then go back to bed). So, I wanted to try making some and found this recipe that had ingredients that I normally have on hand. Turned out some really tasty chewy granola bars that we all loved. I made a couple adjustments, but the recipe is below:


3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted (I only used 1 Tbsp)
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup sliced almonds (I used an additional 1/2 cup pecans)
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I only used 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sweetened dried fruit of your choice

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.

2.In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sweetened condensed milk, butter, coconut, almonds, chocolate chips and dried fruit with your hands until well blended. Press flat into the prepared pan.

3.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, depending on how crunchy you want them. Lightly browned just around the edges will give you moist, chewy bars. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into squares then let cool completely before serving.

Credit for this recipe goes to allrecipes.com//recipe/easy-granola-bars/detail.aspx

No comments: